Pinic with the Pops – Sizzling Sounds of Summer
The Huntington Symphony Orchestra (HSO) needs to count on its assisted funding for substantial financial support. It needs corporate support this season and in the coming seasons.
The HSO is dedicated to regular performances of the broadest range of classical music during its winter season and the liveliest popular music during its summer season. Under the baton of Mr. Kimo Furumoto, a graduate of the University of Cincinnati, College-Conservatory of Music, and formerly Assistant Conductor of the Lexington Philharmonic, Conductor of the Ohio University Symphony Orchestra and Assistant Conductor of the Lyric Mountain Festival for the Performing Arts during its summer season.
The HSO brings the opportunity of live orchestral music to music lovers of this area and through its outreach programs in the schools introduces our children to live music. It also features guest artists to enhance the orchestra’s talented and acclaimed musicians. The HSO represents a significant opportunity for musicians of the area to perform with a major regional symphony orchestra and play under the direction of the HSO’s Music Director and Conductor.
The HSO relies on the generosity of donors. No orchestra in the USA today can sustain itself financially on the basis of ticket sales alone. Corporate sponsorship can be achieved by a contribution of any amount of money according to the corporate group’s interest in the HSO.
The Pops offer the full spectrum of the HSO — its musicians, soloists and conductors playing popular music in live performances. Held outdoors at the Harris Riverfront Park amphitheater, these concerts present the talent of the HSO professional musicians and conductor performing popular music along with all time favorites. In the picnic atmosphere, the audience enjoys a professional symphony orchestra like . . .Your Huntington Symphony Orchestra
Did you know . . . .
- The members of your Huntington Symphony Orchestra are all paid union professional musicians.
- Your Huntington Symphony Orchestra was started in the early 1930′s and on the average has 65 musicians performing, plus featured local, national and world renown guest artists
- Your HSO has an educational program which reaches and is open to all students in Cabell, Wayne Counties in West Virginia, Lawrence County Ohio and Boyd County in Kentucky
- Your Huntington Symphony Orchestra has relocated to a new centrally located office in downtown Huntington making it more accessible for everyone.
- Tickets Sales are only 18% of the total budget of the Huntington Symphony Orchestra the remaining 82% is maintained (hopefully) by acquiring donations and sponsorships. The average cost to produce just one performance is $60,000.00. Your HSO offers group discounted rates and has several sponsorship plans for your business to join.
- In the year 2009 the slogan “Be Part of the Tradition, Start the Memories” was developed for the HSO as an incentive to maintain the history of the orchestra and encourage new patrons.
- It has been proven that having a symphony orchestra in a city is a strong value point which draws valued businesses and citizens to an area. Most major cities compete for orchestras just like pro sports teams
- During the Picnic with the Pops season your Huntington Symphony Orchestra received national attention for innovative marketing, performance planning and attendance drawing crowds as well as receiving acclaim from several top orchestras from across the United States.
- During the winter season of your HSO, performances are held at the historical Keith Albee Performing Arts Center in downtown Huntington, Total Available Seating: 1,800
- Your Huntington Symphony Orchestra, received national attention in 2009 & 2010 for its innovated marketing and program scheduling
- The overall attendance of the HSO performances has increased by 78% in just one year, a strong marketing tool for businesses to sponsors.
- Your Huntington Symphony Orchestra’s summer ‘Picnic with the Pops’ series is held at the Harris Riverfront Park located on the banks of the Ohio River. Total Available Seating: estimated 8,500
How Money Will Be Used:
If chosen the funding would be used to help promote the Arts and Picnic with the Pops events. The 3 Huntington Symphony Orchestra presents these 3 concerts each summer, the average attendance is 2500 to 4000 people.
3 Month Goal:
he Picnic at the Pops Season of the HSO consists of three concerts during the summer, usually June, July and August of popular music by the full orchestra and involving guest artists. It offers the full spectrum of the HSO — its musicians, soloists and conductors — playing popular music in live performance and incorporating guest conductors and soloists whose music reaches out to the audience, Held outdoors at the Harris Riverfront Park amphitheater, these concerts combine the talent of the HSO’s musicians and conductor for interpreting American popular music together with the feelings of the audience who sense that music played in this environment satisfies their needs for enjoying a professional symphony orchestra as the HSO.
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.